The kids had their first swim meet last night (after missing the first two) and I was so proud of how they did! Maddie won for her group in the back stroke and Sean won for free style. My poor Kate didn't even dive in until the other swimmers were half way done (both times!)
I'll remember my zoom lens next time so I can get some decent pictures but I do have a couple of Sean.
He won by a long shot!
We've got some work to do on sportsman-like behavior! When he realized he wasn't going to win for backstroke, he flipped over and swam freestyle to avoid being last. He also had a McEnroe-style tantrum and threw down his goggles and stomped off. Like I said, lots of work to do!
2 comments:
I didn’t know Sean had such a completive sprit!
Yes, Sean, you need some work. To begin with, you MUST take off after referees and time keepers ... maybe even throw your goggles at 'em! No matter what, remember: ESPN is somewhere close by and if you don't make the Top Ten for winning, you just may get on a highlight for best blow-up of the day.
Post a Comment