Friday, August 17, 2007

Last Day of Summer Vacay

With not a lot on the agenda the past couple weeks, the kids have gotten really tired of coming along on my daily errands - this week they all banded together and boycotted leaving the house for anything other than having fun (and unfortunately for me, they don't consider Target to be fun) So this week has consisted of laying low - watching movies, swimming, the park when it's bearable outside. Yesterday we met some friends at an indoor playground, the highlight of the week.





This morning Maddie had her open house for school - this was a good dry run for us, all trying to get out the door by 8am. Not an easy task with Kate getting up at 7:30, since it takes her at least 30 minutes to eat a bowl of cereal. We made it there on time and met Maddie's teacher who seems really great. Afterwards we had to run to Target for the two final things on Sean's supply list. They have a Starbucks there, so before shopping we ran in for a drink for me. They were all begging for a chocolate milk and I said, no we have that at home, I'm not buying that here. So Maddie, my sarcastic little spawn says "yeah, Mom, I'm sure you're buying that coffee because you have none at home, right?" I really hate getting called out by a six year old.

1 comment:

Robin said...

How about the classic, I am the mom and I say so, and when you are a mom you can say so, response!