Sunday, December 14, 2008


A few highlights of the last week or so:

The kids and I decorated a gingerbread house last weekend. I was thinking of just doing one with Maddie again like last year, but we threw caution to the wind and made it a group effort. It was fun, but Kate ate more than she decorated.



Our finished product:
Maddie all ready for the 2nd grade play. They were doing a production of Hansel and Gretel. She was supposed to be a raccoon, but the night before the play she decided against it. Firmly against it. With lots of tears and begging to be let out of it.
I let her work it out with the teacher in charge ...and as you can see, she isn't dressed like a raccoon.



Last night we went to a holiday sweater party at Meg and Rob's. Good times.
On our way out, we decided on a picture with the siblings.
Marilyn was in charge of the cameras. Now, I'm not saying she refilled her Bailey's glass too many times but, somehow, she looked through the view-finder and this looked like an acceptable shot:

Ahh, much better:



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! About time you posted again ;)
Cute, cute pics of the kiddos...and the adults :)

Elaine said...

Holiday Sweater party...too funny! I just about spit out my coffee from laughing so hard! Pat's vest is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I can't decide which picture of the sweater party made me laugh harder. It looks like the guys borrowed the sweaters from the girls!!

Laura said...

Pat and I are wearing his mom's vests. The full effect of Mike's sweater can't be seen here - the ruffled/pleated shoulders are the best part. And Rob's green dickie/sheer sweater combo was quite hysterical.
(one guy came wearing a tree skirt as a top, which was very creative)

Robin said...

Classic. I think the picture of pat needs to be cropped and enlarged and made his facebook profile pic if I do say so myself! :)

Anonymous said...

these pictures are great. gotta love guys that will wear those sweaters AND have their pictures taken.

Heather said...

Nice Sweaters. My brother always goes to ugly sweater parties and I think that's a fab idea. Also, it's good to see that Olivia isn't the only one who refuses to be a part of something. I was feeling like I have the only child who won't participate and I'm glad I'm not alone. I probably wouldn't want to be a raccoon either.