Well, here's hoping that sometime in the next couple weeks Kate agrees that Santa isn't a complete monster - or, in her words, totally hideous (two of her favorite words at the moment)Today's episode at the mall makes me think that isn't going to happen. We walked past him and I tried to get her to just look at him - not talk to him, not go anywhere near him - just look at him with the other kids and see that he isn't scary. She threw herself to the ground and buried her head. I picked her up and tried one more time to get her to just look at the little girl he was holding - "NO WAY - HE'S TOTALLY HIDEOUS!!"
Alright, time to just let it go.
11 comments:
That really shocks me since she is so fearless!
My favorite part of this post is the picture of Santa with the big "x" over him. Hilarious!
Funny story though. We have had our negative share of Santa experiences too so I have just skipped a few years of taking the boys. They seem to be just fine however and Santa never misses them on Christmas!!! ;-)
I suggest you use the fact that she is a polar responder. "Fine. Santa sent a note saying you weren't allowed to even look at him, much less speak to him."
I've tried something similar ... a couple times when trying to convince her that she may end up with nothing if she doesn't ask him for anything, her answer was 'that's fine, Maddie and Sean will share whatever they get' OR 'I'll just wait and ask for what I want on my next birthday'
kate will be kate. reminds me of someone else who refused to comply. so you'll love it.. someday.
Well, that only rephrases the request for her to speak to Santa. "If you want something you have to ask," etc.
Try, "He told me you are not allowed to speak to him or look at him ...
That get's the, "O YEAH?" juices goin'!
I'll give that a try...
p.s. Please tell me the irony of this Santa discussion isn't lost on you!!
Isn't lost on me! Here your parents are giving you advice on how to get her to like Santa! :)
No, it is not lost deary ...
what happened to these people who were your parents? well we got tired and grew old and gave up and learned sometimes things aren't worth it.
I think you turned out pretty darn good for being so deprived.
no one said anything about deprived... I have the same awesome memories of christmas that any other kid does. Pat will tell you that I did not want to involve Santa in Christmas (obviously I didn't win that argument) so that should tell you that I don't feel the least bit deprived:-)
Post a Comment