Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kate learns a new word

All three kiddos had a dentist appointment this afternoon. Maddie and Kate are in rooms next to each other and I'm called back to talk to the dentist about some issues with Maddie's teeth (she's pleasantly surprised to learn that she'll need braces in a year or so)

I can't concentrate too much as I hear Kate's voice coming over the half-wall:
FEISTY?!!?
Who are you calling feisty?! I don't even know what that word means. Maybe YOU'RE the feisty one.

I just call out my apologies over the half wall and plead with Kate for her cooperation. I go over and peek my head in and the hygienist tells me that when she first sat down, Kate said to her "My mom says that I should cooperate with you, but I can't do that because I have a defection in my brain (what?!?)
The hygienist assures me that she was the highlight of her otherwise boring day.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

we had one too many Kate's in my dental office...so now we don't see young children. we're not feisty enough

Robin said...

I love that girl! Who was the dentist that was blessed with her presence??? We need a play date SOON!!!!

Michelle said...

That is great! I love that she speaks her mind!

Reading the title of the post however, I thought that it might be a different F word. Ha! Feisty is good.

Anonymous said...

"A defection in my brain." Love it. Will have to use that one, the next time I choose to not cooperate.

Anonymous said...

She's the highlight for anybody's boring day, except for the caretaker she's giving feisty too! Did she diagnose the brain defection?

Mrs. Sofa said...

she needs her own reality show...she is SO FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

She could probably give Dr. House a run for his money!!

Heather said...

Kate always makes my day too when you post something funny she has said. She is just so witty!