Maddie has decided to run for class secretary.
She told me at 6:30 the night before it was due. So, as cheesy as the poster is, I am proud that we gathered the supplies, picture and a rhyming slogan by 8pm (allowing only 5 minutes for me to have a fit about the timing)
Kate... in what she initially picked out for her halloween costume.
She wore me down with a reminder of "you know I've always wanted to be a professional belly dancer when I grow up - this will be the perfect outfit to practice in"
Thankfully she found something different at the store yesterday (which provides a lot more coverage)
Last but not least, a funny-to-me story from last night.
Kate likes to drag bed time out by coming into my room and asking if I'll say some more prayers with her.
If you've heard Kate pray at the dinner table, you know that your dinner is likely to be cold by the time she's done. Last night she wanted to take a few minutes to pray for all the countries in the world (probably thinking of how long that would take to list them all off).
God, please bless America..... China..... New York ..... ummmm....... New York City ....... China .......well .... on second thought, maybe I'll just pray for all my family and friends instead.


3 comments:
Way to go Maddie…and mom!
The genie outfit defiantly fits Kate’s personality:-)
Great poster
Great outfit
Great prayer
I love Maddie's ambition.. and Kate's 'freeness'
Post a Comment