Monday, July 11, 2011

NYC...


So... I sent out a bunch of New York pictures to family and then felt no need to update here. Then I realized no one received the emailed pics - so, just for my Mom on her birthday, I'm posting some pics from the fabulous birthday trip!

I think I already mentioned that Maddie chose NYC three years ago for her 10-year birthday trip - and she was not disappointed. Kudos to my husband for coming up with this idea - it is really cool to be able to spend that much one-on-one time with your kids, especially when they're close in age. 


First up, Maddie and I went over to Madame Tussaud's. I wasn't too sure about this, but it ended up being a blast; she loved hamming it up with celebrities on five different floors.








Top of the Rock - cloudy afternoon, but still an amazing view.




First Subway ride - she decided she much preferred the subway to taxi's


 At FAO playing with a $25,000 foosball table


Grand Central



Central Park

First Broadway show. The Lion King was incredible, probably the favorite event of the trip for all three of us.

Close to midnight after the show, above Times Square



I loved watching her take it all in and want pictures and video of everything. 
She said she loved every single thing about the trip "other than seeing that guy walking around with a rat on his head"




More pictures of the summer to come.... I promise!!

4 comments:

mom said...

Thank you SO much for posting these pictures. A great way to top off a birthday!!

bekah said...

Yay new pictures!!

Dad said...

Wonderful memories.
She preferred the subways? Ugh.

mom said...

silly me, I had to ask some friends who you were posing with!