I had the opportunity for a little weekend getaway for my 10 year college reunion this past weekend. What an incredible time! I met up with my college roomie and we spent the weekend with her family. Going back to Michigan and seeing the sorority house and dorms we lived in... seeing girlfriends I hadn't seen in a decade... it was such a blast. Those were some of the happiest years of my life. Everyone agreed they would love to go back and re-live those carefree days even if just for a little bit. We also agreed we really didn't look much different than we did a decade ago. (although, strangely enough, no one mistook us for current students... weird)

Some of the class of '97 Pi Phi's
Me, Robin, Abby, Michelle, Steph, Heather, Kelly and AynWe also had the opportunity to dedicate a tree for Heather, a great friend and my little sis, who died my senior year. It was a little disappointing that they put up a piddly little tree in the middle of a construction zone, but nevertheless, it was good to share some memories and honor what she meant to us.

I was also able to spend a few hours back in Cleveland with family. I haven't seen Megan and Rob (my sister and bro-in-law) in well over a year, so it was great to get caught up with them. Ignoring the fact that we are well into adulthood, my father-in-law served up ice cream cones for dessert. Rob, citing his earlier 9 mile run, felt justified in putting away about a half dozen cones. I was also loaded down with Malley's chocolates for the trip home only adding to the 5 lbs I put on over the weekend. It's all worth it... now back to reality. And reality ain't so bad... I came home to a clean house and all the laundry done... I'm a lucky lady.

1 comment:
Hey Laura,
I found you too! I remembered your blog somehow after I got home. I just typed it in thinking there was no way that I got it right but I did. Your kids are so beautiful and you crack me up in your entries. You definitely have a witty side to you. Love it. It was great to see you too. Let's do it again.
Heather
Post a Comment