I have been a negligent blogger lately. Things have been a little hectic around here to say the least. We are settling into our new school routine nicely. I'm proud to say that I've been getting up earlier than the kids and our mornings have been a lot less chaotic (we'll see how long this lasts)
The hectic part revolves around getting our house ready to put up for sale. Yes, indeed, we are firm believers in buying high and selling low, so what better time to try and sell a house, right? Actually Pat believes that having a house for sale is the best way to get me to keep it consistently clean. I'm only kidding ... Pat has no idea that I'm putting the house up for sale. You can't put signs in the yards here so I'm thinking he won't even find out for a while.
OK, seriously this time ... the size and layout of this house has never -will never - work for us and I'm hoping for a change; this could be a very long process so I'm praying for a miracle!
The kids are all doing well. (I've also been a negligent photographer lately so I have no new photos to share - I'll work on that.) Maddie is doing well in first grade; she has been a real grouch in the mornings though... probably because she's up until the wee hours singing and dancing in front of her mirror. Sean is doing really well in his class of mostly girls. His teacher says he has been known to go the whole three hours without saying a single word. Still hasn't come out of his shell in this type of setting. He also goes through the same ritual of needing to be hugged goodbye at least three times before I can leave. Two afternoons a week we get a few hours together while the girls are both in school. We have our favorite lunch spot up the road...I love getting some one-on-one time with him but he's lonely without his little sister around.
Kate is doing very well...being three has brought out an even feistier side to her personality. She has taken to threatening us with bodily harm if we don't let her have her way. She is still a sweetheart 90 percent of the time but there are times when we struggle not to laugh at what she comes up with. She is loving being in preschool with Miss Maria. Or as she refers to her "Miss Aree-ya with the big boobs" Nice, huh?
The hectic part revolves around getting our house ready to put up for sale. Yes, indeed, we are firm believers in buying high and selling low, so what better time to try and sell a house, right? Actually Pat believes that having a house for sale is the best way to get me to keep it consistently clean. I'm only kidding ... Pat has no idea that I'm putting the house up for sale. You can't put signs in the yards here so I'm thinking he won't even find out for a while.
OK, seriously this time ... the size and layout of this house has never -will never - work for us and I'm hoping for a change; this could be a very long process so I'm praying for a miracle!
The kids are all doing well. (I've also been a negligent photographer lately so I have no new photos to share - I'll work on that.) Maddie is doing well in first grade; she has been a real grouch in the mornings though... probably because she's up until the wee hours singing and dancing in front of her mirror. Sean is doing really well in his class of mostly girls. His teacher says he has been known to go the whole three hours without saying a single word. Still hasn't come out of his shell in this type of setting. He also goes through the same ritual of needing to be hugged goodbye at least three times before I can leave. Two afternoons a week we get a few hours together while the girls are both in school. We have our favorite lunch spot up the road...I love getting some one-on-one time with him but he's lonely without his little sister around.
Kate is doing very well...being three has brought out an even feistier side to her personality. She has taken to threatening us with bodily harm if we don't let her have her way. She is still a sweetheart 90 percent of the time but there are times when we struggle not to laugh at what she comes up with. She is loving being in preschool with Miss Maria. Or as she refers to her "Miss Aree-ya with the big boobs" Nice, huh?
1 comment:
Nice to see Little Laura (aka Kate) is keeping you on your toes. Too funny! So when you sell your house are you coming back up here?! Wishful thinking! Glad to see you are all okay, just busy. Can't wait to see you!!!
Post a Comment