Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hello Home!

We are slowly starting to get settled here. Sometimes it feels very slowly, but we are loving being back.
Surprisingly the kids haven't mentioned a thing about Florida or the pool yet. I love that they have been occupying themselves with just each other and not very many toys.
For now empty boxes and races down the stairs are filling most of their day (I tried a thousand times to stop the stair-races but I finally gave up... now I'm even thinking of giving them a piece of cardboard to help them go faster.)


I will take some house pictures soon... for now here's a picture of the garage:


Now you can see why I haven't taken any of the rest of the house.

Oh, this is a picture for you Amber -my semi-professional-cake-baking cousin:
My first attempt at a fondant cake... did not turn out like it was supposed to: Can you even tell what it's supposed to be?


No, it's not that!! It's supposed to be a neck-tie for Father's Day. My next attempt will come out much better, I'm sure of it.

Back to unpacking... hope to be back soon:)

9 comments:

Elaine said...

Glad to see that you have resurfaced! And love the...um, cake. Reminds me of something we may have built on top of someone's car in the Pi Phi parking lot! Ah, the memories...

Mrs. Sofa said...

AWESOME job for your first fondant cake...I can see where the shape would take someone's mind straight to the gutter, but I knew what it was ;)
Start thinking of your cake business name!!

Michelle said...

The cake looks like a...tie, yes, that is it! Ha! I am simply impressed that you found the time to actually bake a cake with what I imagine amounts to cardboard chaos surrounding you!

Happy to see you back online:-) I am sure that your family is so excited to be back under one roof again!!! Happy unpacking!

Anonymous said...

i think your cake looks great! i don't know what you are talking about. Can't wait to see pictures of the house once you are all unpacked

Anonymous said...

Missed your blog so much...glad you're getting settled. The tie just could be from the 60's. I'm amazed you even attempted it with everything else you have going on.

Rebekah said...

I think you did a great job on your first fondant cake! Can’t wait see pictures of your new home.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh--that cake is awesome! Corrine and I tried fondant--it's NOT easy! Definitely a talent and you've got it! I think we actually only made things out of the fondant, didn't even try to cover anything.....you did it! Very cute!

Anonymous said...

I have a really cute recipe for a daisy fondant cake. You are going to have to come over and help me do it for Mo's birthday in August!!!! I love having you back here!!!

Anonymous said...

I bet Dad is sooooo glad to have you guys with him. Nice to all be together.
Your fondant is fabulous! And, of course, it's a tie!