Friday, June 20, 2008

Just for Today...

I'm so glad to only have one boy.

I hesitate to share today's events, but this is mostly for you Seany... one day when you're thinking about how much your mean mom yelled at you, I want you understand why.


For reasons unknown, Sean decides to sit down on a bench at the zoo today to examine his dirty shoe. For reasons REALLY unknown he decides it's a good idea to LICK the bottom of the dirty shoe.

Oh, it gets better.

We get home with our friends in tow. The boys stay outside to play for a while. Inside, one of the girls spilled her juice so I got out the mop. Before I realized it, Sean had come running in, tracking his muddy feet through the floor and then onto the white carpet. Keeping my freak-out in check, I hauled him up to my bathroom and told him to clean his feet while I took care of the mess.
I come back in to check on his cleaning progress.
He was doing a great job, but that's when I said a prayer of thanks for only one boy.

He was using my toothbrush to clean his feet.


8 comments:

Michelle said...

OMG that is priceless -- and horribly nasty to be sure. I am still cringing from the thought. AGGGHHH!!!Yes, boys are marvelous little terrors. Believe me, my house and car can attest to that :-)

And white carpets...you are brave aren't you!

Anonymous said...

Sean, my man, using a toothbrush to clean-up with? You're a budding young MacGyver!

Anonymous said...

my little boy is the reason for my additional consumption of 'poison' tonight ;)

Anonymous said...

good thing you're writing these story's now. someday you'll hear their's...like why the walls have ketchup stains.(my favorite)
my guess is pat is more grossed out about the toothbrush incident than you. glad you have one boy! thank goodness for sean..he's so cute.

Michelle D said...

Your stories always make me laugh! Looks like you guys are settling in - I've been thinking of you. Love the sidebar photos in the grass!

Anonymous said...

you make this stuff up, right?? Nahhhhh, hard to be that imaginative! LOL

Heather said...

Yikes, I hope you threw your toothbrush away. I haven't checked blogs in like a month and so congrats on the move. Can't wait to see pics on the house. You said you were glad to be back. How long were you in Florida for?

Laura said...

No, I didn't throw away the toothbrush, I make him use it now:)
We were in FL for a few months short of two years.