Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Maddie and Sean had big weekends in their respective sports.

I can't get my pictures off the little camera from Sean's event... still working on that!
He had an inter-school Taekwondo tournament and surprised us all by taking FIRST place in both board-breaking and sparring. He is not a naturally competitive person at all, so we weren't watching with any great expectations. Pat and I both discovered how hard it is to watch your kid in a competition. Between Pat's sideline coaching and calling out the ref's and me biting my tongue in response to a father who wanted Sean penalized... I'm wondering how we'll ever make it through these years (without being asked to leave)

Maddie's gymnastics school had a day for family to come watch what they've been up to the past few months. She was so happy to get a medal after seeing Sean get a couple of them the day before.




I did get a couple Atlanta pic's off my little camera before it stopped (I have a 30 minute Christmas video on the camera that it doesn't want to download, so this will continue to be a problem until I figure out how to store that clip somewhere!) Anyway, so as to include Kate in this post, this is her in Georgia with her favorite "smile"
She'll always say "How about this smile?" And I most certainly do not tell her it looks like she's sucking on a lemon... of course, it's beautiful Kitty!!

4 comments:

Dad said...

Yes, I remember watching you in LIttle Rock, AK and yelling, TAKE HER OUT! (She deserved it, the foul shot Cretin)

mom said...

the first time I watched you compete in taekwondo someone leaned over to me and said, 'don't forget to breathe.'
maddie looks so grown up in the picture with her medal.
and I love kitty's smile.

Beth said...

Cute pics of your kiddo's doing sports...

Heather said...

Love the smile on Kate, that reminds me of my girls. And wow, that's awesome Sean did so well. I can see Steve yelling and getting in trouble at our kids' sports someday. Funny!