Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Some odds and ends from the past weeks.
The highlight of last week would have been the kids first concert - The Jonas Brothers.

This cracked me up - Sean, realizing he didn't have any JoBro's shirts, made his own (didn't wear it - but I love that he made it!)



After two long hours of opening acts, we finally got to see what we were there for!

This is how excited they were!

Ha! No really, they did have fun - but the amount of lead up time really wore them out.
Poor Kate completely collapsed. I forced her to open her eyes and watch a couple of their songs before letting her crash again.


I was bummed not to have my camera there - had to settle for phone pictures. Someone told me they didn't allow cameras, but we get there and there's flashes going off everywhere. Next time I'll check for myself.


Some other pictures I had on my phone -
The kids with their buddies on our annual day-at-the-park-before-the-first-day-of-school-event.



I hesitate to even show you this picture because it makes me queasy. But I find out a lot of interesting things my kids are doing by looking through my pictures. I'm going to continue to let them use my phone for pictures, otherwise I would never know that Kate was putting her great-uncle's back-scratcher in her mouth when I wasn't looking.


A couple weeks ago... Pat teaching the kids how to skip stones.



Kate showcasing a new skill


And yes, most my pictures this time seem to be of Kate... but what can I say... she's literally by my side 13+ hours a day!!

11 comments:

Dad said...

Sleeping through a Jonas Brothers concert: sounds about right to me.

Robin said...

Classic kate pictures! Love em! Hey I have no one by my side each morning and only Michael in the afternoon send her my way! Seriously I would love her company anytime. :)

Rebekah said...

I love Sean's shirt!

Aunt Nancy said...

I bet the J brothers would like his shirt too, so cute!! Kate cracks me up...

PJ said...

What do you mean "someone" told you not to bring a camera? It says so on the face of the ticket. What can I say, I am a rule follower.

Janice said...

that last pic of Kate looks like she's trying to stuff a furry white rat with a very long tail into her mouth while wearing her swim goggles. Perfectly normal, right? hahaha

Laura said...

eww... haha!
that would be a piece of provolone cheese she's eating... although based on the other picture, she's not opposed to putting gross things in her mouth!!

Mom said...

Love that you ALL went to the Jonas brothers concert. Yes, one of our family members would have rather been asleep.

Beth said...

That pic of Kate with you trying to hold her eye open had me laughing so hard...

amber said...

love all the pics, especially that Kate.

Heather said...

Love how Kevin is spelled upside down on Sean's shirt and what an awesome shirt. Whenever Olivia sees the Jonas Brothers on t.v. she always asks, "Which one has diabetes?" Nick has Type 1 Diabetes like her so she thinks he's the coolest. I also love the holding Kate's eye open picture.