Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This happy smiling face...

was fighting back tears on the bus home:-(

She had a great day, loved her teacher... and even met her "new best friend."
But she was sent to the wrong bus on the way home and it took a while to figure out which bus she was on and get the bus driver directions to our home, etc... She was sure she would never make it home and "they may just give up and leave her in bad place." A scary end to an otherwise great day.

Sean did great! He loves his teacher and I can already tell this is going to be a very different experience from last year. We have signs of an organized and enthusiastic teacher which is a welcomed change of pace.

Kate and I had fun too... She had a target gift card for her birthday that she's been anxious to use. She wanted everything she saw, but she did a good job sticking to the card amount. She got a new outfit, headband, nailpolish and lipgloss set.


After this we headed over to her 5 year old well-check appointment. We talked about the several shots she'd be getting and she was fine with it. I kept reminding her, "they're just little pinches, it's all over in a few seconds." Well, she didn't see it that way apparently. She was downright angry with me afterwards. "You told me little pinches... I can STILL feel it... I am seriously gushing blood here"
She stomped out of the room with arms crossed (and gave the nurses a good laugh) All was forgotten as soon as they pulled the treasure box out and she got a pretty new purse.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Awww, Kate once again cracks me up, she is too funny. And poor Maddie, what a tragedy, I would have been bawling my eyes out if that happened to me!

Dad said...

They put her on the wrong bus? HEADS SHOULD ROLL!