Monday, January 25, 2010

Rambling

It's a good thing I didn't mention that I had resolved at the beginning of the year to get better at updating this thing! Sorry mom and dad, I know you check in and beyond are sick of those durn marshmallows.

No pictures uploaded... I WILL get around to that soon. Kids are all doing well. Still skiing every weekend and doing so well with it. I don't have any pictures of that. We drop them off for their lessons and then we race inside to the bar for a luxurious two hours alone. (does that sound bad?... probably)

A love note I got from Sean last night:
"I Need You to STOP makeing Chily!!! Becose it has a BAD taist!"
He dry heaves at the thought of beans, so he's not a big fan of chili (obviously)
I love when they write me notes.

Speaking of notes, I was cleaning out some drawers this weekend and found some letters that my grandmothers sent to me in college.
I'm so glad I saved some of them... I can still hear their voices perfectly in those letters. And I love one from my little sister that says" P.S. write back to me soon" No e-mailing and texting back in those days;-)

Yesterday the kids were treated to Dave and Busters by the their Uncle Mike and soon to be Aunt Meagan. They thought it would be a nice time to ask them if they would all be in their wedding this summer. I'm sure they were hoping for some sort of enthusiasm or at least a polite yes.... but that's not what they got.
Kate declined all together saying it would be too embarrassing (this from the kid who loves being the center of attention). And Maddie reluctantly agreed even though she wasn't wild about having to wear pink. Kids are brutally honest. I'm so glad they weren't insulted and even found humor in it.

Kate's in the kitchen eating lunch right now and she just yelled in to me "You know mom, it really IS a disgrace to get mud on your face"
That's my girl... she doesn't stop talking. Ever.

I think that's enough rambling for now....

4 comments:

Dad said...

Ah the amazing wit of children.

Sean doesn't like chili, eh? Maybe tell him that King James loves to eat them? (I am sure he has eaten them once or twice in his life, anyway)

Kate? Not wanting to be Queen for the Day? Yowzer! Maybe she is a polar-responder: tell her she is not allowed to be in the wedding!

I know, I know ... like you going ot the bar with Pat, that probably sounds bad!

mom said...

oh..I have some great letters you wrote your gramma that I found when going through her things. I saved them for you.
thanks for writing your blog. I was feeling a bit mulloy-story deprived.

Aunt Nancy said...

I have some cards/notes you sent her too that were in the desk. Will try to get them to your Mom next time she's here. I'm so glad you and Pat are enjoying the ski lessons!!

Mrs. Sofa said...

I was getting sick of looking at those durn marshmallows too.
Love reading about your family. I think it's the way you tell it that makes it so enjoyable :)
Dawson doesn't stop talking either. Ever. Too funny.