Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!



We spent the New Years weekend with three other families skiing at Peak 'n Peek ... very fun!!


Pat and the older two leaving the house on their first morning out:


Some of the kids heading out together

Maddie and two of her friends on the lift

Typical evening... cards, movies, drinks... check out the snow build up on the patio:



Better yet, check out our car!!
Pat went out and cleaned this off to prepare for our trip home... Only to find out we wouldn't be going anywhere. We all agreed, if you have to be snowed in somewhere, there's no better place than at a ski resort:)




I put a pic on facebook of Pat on our snowed-in day. I wish I had one of the kids heading out. When they fell over trying to walk through the snow, they would literally disappear under the powder. They loved it!

My favorite part of the trip; evening ski dates with my hubby:





My least favorite part of the trip:  Losing Sean for quite a while on Saturday. He inadvertently went skiing alone (thought he was racing his dad only to realize his dad didn't know there was a race and was inside warming up) Long story short it took a lot of people searching for him and some kind people finally insisting on helping him. Nearly two hours later, ski patrol drove him home to a very happy and tearful mommy!


And a P.S. to a certain someone who is going to tell me the font is too small... due to some blogger changes, this here is the next size up from "normal", so you're just going to have to get out your magnifying glass for the rest of it. xoxo


6 comments:

mom said...

well, I can read it ALL...thank you very much.
love the picture of you and Pat! and so relieved about Sean. Maybe I'll join you next year.

Laura said...

Aww, Mom.... it wasn't even you I was talking about!!
And yes, you have to ski with us next year!

Dad said...

Yes, font is too small! But photos are just riiiiight!

Robin said...

Like the new coat!

Mrs. Sofa said...

looks like a blast! another round of great pics!!
two hours - OMG. glad all was ok!

Aunt Nancy said...

What a rough life you lead ;)
Always love the pics, and still can't stop thinking about your 2 hours looking for Sean. I'm still traumatized in FL!!!