Sunday, March 14, 2010

Oh, Maddie...



She doesn't get too many posts all to herself anymore.
But I couldn't let the first time she shaved her legs go without mention.
No, 8 is not the new age for this rite of passage.
But much like the ear-piercing fiasco of '07, she took this one all on her own.
And immediately regretted it once she realized her legs were dripping blood everywhere.
"Mom, I have no idea how this happened. I think I must have scratched my legs climbing the tree."

Really, are you sure you didn't just shave your legs?

"Oh ... well .... yes... yes, I did. Sorry about that"

Thankfully, this was much less traumatizing than the ear-piercing incident.

8 comments:

mom said...

Oh Maddie. She does push the envelope!

Anonymous said...

Essshhh- this makes me cringe. Not that Maddie has shaved her legs - rather I remember slicing the back of my leg behind my knee when I first started shaving. I can almost still feel that pain!

michelle said...

sorry - didn't mean to have my name come across that way - still trying to figure out the open ID thing. And no, you needn't start calling me that!

Robin said...

Now the real question are you going to let her keep shaving her legs????

Laura said...

ha! no way.
But, more importantly, she has no desire to do that again anytime soon.

Dad said...

Yeah, but will she practice on Kate?

Laura said...

Actually, I could see Kate convincing Sean to let her practice on him.

Dad said...

"Honest ... it will make you run FASTER!"