Believe it or not, I've been blogging a lot lately.
I just haven't managed to hit "publish post" in the past couple weeks.
I'll write something and then think WHO CARES?!? and then just file it away.
We've been thoroughly enjoying summer. I get a little panicky when July 4th gets here. I start thinking "one month 'til Kate's birthday then school starts a couple weeks after that." Summer flies by way too fast. More so this summer since the kids are signed up for so many more activities.
Maddie finished up an Ohio Heritage camp last week, which was great. They made candles, used a washboard to clean clothes and lived the 1800's lifestyle for a week. On Friday she peeled and sliced potatoes for us and then fried them up in a pan "just like they did in the olden days"
This week the older two are in a rec center camp while Kate goes to a morning camp at her preschool. I should be enjoying some down time but my thoughts are with my family who are all in Tallahassee with my sweet Gramma.
I just haven't managed to hit "publish post" in the past couple weeks.
I'll write something and then think WHO CARES?!? and then just file it away.
We've been thoroughly enjoying summer. I get a little panicky when July 4th gets here. I start thinking "one month 'til Kate's birthday then school starts a couple weeks after that." Summer flies by way too fast. More so this summer since the kids are signed up for so many more activities.
Maddie finished up an Ohio Heritage camp last week, which was great. They made candles, used a washboard to clean clothes and lived the 1800's lifestyle for a week. On Friday she peeled and sliced potatoes for us and then fried them up in a pan "just like they did in the olden days"
This week the older two are in a rec center camp while Kate goes to a morning camp at her preschool. I should be enjoying some down time but my thoughts are with my family who are all in Tallahassee with my sweet Gramma.
Last night Kate came in my room to tuck me in (yes, I was in bed before them ... relaxed summer bedtimes)
'Mom, would like a prayer or a lullaby?'
How about just a hug?
'Ok, Mom, a prayer it is.'
'Dear God...Please bless my mom and help her to be a better mommy tomorrow. She's sad today, so help her feel better. Bless my mommy's Gramma Peg who is on her way up to see you soon so please take good care of her.'
You know those moments where you love your kids so much it hurts? This was one of them.
More frequent postings soon ... I'll even try taking a few pictures here and there.
'Mom, would like a prayer or a lullaby?'
How about just a hug?
'Ok, Mom, a prayer it is.'
'Dear God...Please bless my mom and help her to be a better mommy tomorrow. She's sad today, so help her feel better. Bless my mommy's Gramma Peg who is on her way up to see you soon so please take good care of her.'
You know those moments where you love your kids so much it hurts? This was one of them.
More frequent postings soon ... I'll even try taking a few pictures here and there.
6 comments:
here come the morning tears....
that was so sweet of Kate.
Thinking about you today... many hugs to you.
That made me cry, but very sweet.
So sweet. We are off to the lake tomorrow but if you need me today I am only a phone call away. I am also available to talk anytime anyplace. My prayers are with you and your family.
*hugs* You have such sweet kids...
Sweet Kate...thinking about all of you. Hard to lose a Gramma.
Post a Comment