Friday, May 7, 2010

Number Nine


The last single digit birthday of your life! Slow down, please...


I woke up this morning thinking about the first day we brought Maddie home.
I sat down to nurse her, which required both arms and all my concentration. I was so thirsty, so Pat tried to help by holding a sprite up for me to drink. Somehow we ended up dumping the cold drink right in her little face.
I remember thinking... God help me, I have no idea what I'm doing.
Somehow she survived her first year despite my repeated blunders in figuring everything out.
And somehow, despite parents who occasionally spill drinks in her face as we tackle each new step, she continues to grow into a strong and beautiful little lady.

I Love You Maddie Moo.




4 comments:

Dad said...

Happy birthday, Maddie!

Rebekah said...

Brought tears to my eyes...Happy Birthday Maddie.

Aunt Nancy said...

What a sweet baby pic, Happy Birthday Maddie!!

Mrs. Sofa said...

awwwwwe...the firstborns teach us SO much! AND test us too ;)
Happy Birthday Maddie!