Madelyn Kathleen turned our little worlds upside down. Happy Birthday beautiful girl!
Tonight we had a family dinner followed by cake with the neighborhood kids. I told her I would make whatever she wanted for dinner, anything goes. She chose grilled salmon, sweet potatoes and ambrosia salad. (not pizza, like I anticipated)
I told her we were not doing a party this year but we could have the kids on the street come over and share cake and ice cream with us -- I made it clear to the moms not to send anything along with the kids but somehow they all showed up with gifts. I told Maddie afterwards ‘that was really nice of them, they didn’t have to do that. She said ’yeah, well, I heard you tell them not to bring me gifts so I went over and told them if they really wanted to, they could bring me a little something.’
I told her we were not doing a party this year but we could have the kids on the street come over and share cake and ice cream with us -- I made it clear to the moms not to send anything along with the kids but somehow they all showed up with gifts. I told Maddie afterwards ‘that was really nice of them, they didn’t have to do that. She said ’yeah, well, I heard you tell them not to bring me gifts so I went over and told them if they really wanted to, they could bring me a little something.’
Check out the castle cake I made!
4 comments:
The cake looks great! I am so impressed with you! :)
Happy Birthday to Maddie! Can't believe she is already 6...craziness!!
Wow it seems like yesterday that flew up to Cleveland to see baby Maddie, she's growing up so fast!
Great job on the cake!
What a wonderful Mom you are. Lucky Maddie et al. I think your cake looks absolutely fabulous. Home made is always the best!
Very creative with the cake - I'm impressed! I'm going to have to make sure Jack gets a better birthday party than his first - eating a roll from the German bakery in the hospital. That's what happens when I leave the birthday plans up to a frazzled Papa visiting his new baby. This year Jack gets a cake for sure and Ian has to go eat a roll in the hospital for tradition - just kidding:)
Post a Comment