Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

Not our most traditional Easter Sunday ever. Unless baked mac and cheese for dinner is anyone's custom. We opted for a big breakfast instead. We went to the late service for church and had to bring the kids in with us for the first part. Man, I really wish I could have recorded that. Kate was really moved by the music and danced in the aisle. We loved it... and so did everyone around us. Pretty soon she'll be too inhibited to do that in front of strangers so we were eating it up.


Pat left in the early afternoon and is headed to Cleveland to get started with his new job. This officially commences my foray into single motherhood. Thankfully there is no time to sit around and worry about that... we have many visits planned this week, including two sets of Ohio friends and my sisters. Can't wait!
I have been much more sporadic about blogging but I'm going to try to remedy that so the hubby doesn't have to miss out on too much.

Here are lots of pictures from our morning. We had some gifts for the kids and an egg hunt in the house.








Ok, so this is a pretty typical first pose for the kids. There are arguments over who stands where ...to the point where someone is crying and they're all refusing to smile. Then I say something very tender and loving -nothing threatening mind you -and miraculously they're smiling instantly...




9 comments:

Rebekah said...

Great pictures of the kids! I'm sad one of the visitors to come see you isn't me:(

Anonymous said...

What Rebekah said:) Took the words right out of my mouth!

Oh, and I'd hate for the patriarch to hear/read this, but I'm worried about what happens when you find out you're pretty darn good on your own, because you know you're going to be....

Anonymous said...

that first picture of them in their easter outfits is so classic!

i can't wait to see you guys!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

so what tender and loving words do you use? the only miraculous ones I ever knew were bribes or threats. or maybe speaking softly and carrying a big stick.
I love seeing all the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Love the Jekyl & Hyde pictures -- and what, by the way, is your secret?
Did I sleep through something -- Cleveland???

Laura said...

well, I shouldn't admit it, but my words were something to the effect of "please put a smile on your face before I smack it" said through a false smile and gritted teeth - and just enough crazy in my eyes.

Janice -Pat is now working for a company back in Cleveland and the rest of us will head up there after school is out.

Anonymous said...

I use those same loving words to my kids! Can't wait to see you. Thank you for the countdown! Love the pictures. See you in 2 days pookie~ and I am glad you are finally telling all the world you are returning!!!!!!!! Hope Pat is adjusting well to the climate change!

Elaine said...

Great Easter pics! And no worries about your single motherhood...let the cereal for dinner flow - and the vino! (For you, of course!) Hang in there!

Mrs. Sofa said...

I didn't know yall were moving...WHAT? Missed that too.

Love all the pictures!