So far, so good on the home front here.
As Maddie put it to me "the good part about this is, you don't have to cook us dinner anymore... we can just have cereal or grilled cheese every night" That's a pretty strong possibility. I will make an exception tomorrow night for some friends coming over... somehow I don't think you can invite someone for dinner then pour them a bowl of corn flakes... wait! can you??
Sean is taking his dad being gone far better than I anticipated. I just explained it to him in terms of garbage days - he'll be home for a visit on the second garbage day of the week - and that he seems to handle ok.
Thanks to Grammy, the kids got some more Easter treats today. I pulled the bag of peeps for safekeeping.

Just a cute picture from last night...

As Maddie put it to me "the good part about this is, you don't have to cook us dinner anymore... we can just have cereal or grilled cheese every night" That's a pretty strong possibility. I will make an exception tomorrow night for some friends coming over... somehow I don't think you can invite someone for dinner then pour them a bowl of corn flakes... wait! can you??
Sean is taking his dad being gone far better than I anticipated. I just explained it to him in terms of garbage days - he'll be home for a visit on the second garbage day of the week - and that he seems to handle ok.
Thanks to Grammy, the kids got some more Easter treats today. I pulled the bag of peeps for safekeeping.
Just a cute picture from last night...
3 comments:
i love that you can explain things to sean in terms of the garbage man. hilarious!!
can't wait to see you tomorrow!! and we can totally have grilled cheese and cereal every night.
The not cooking every night sounds nice. I need to look at my hub being gone 4-5 nights a week as a good thing...cause I don't like to cook. The kids would rather have grilled cheese anyway :) Plus I enjoy that little bit of freedom I have at night away from the kids and the hub.
I dare you to put a peep in the kids toilet!!! Isn't that what they are made for?
Post a Comment