Monday, November 10, 2008

Again?

I did NOT expect another 29 on my birthday cake (cuz, seriously, I'm not foolin' anyone)
Now I'm starting to think it's my hubby who is in denial that he's married to an old lady.

From my big sis, a box of goodies with this fun apron:

My favorite gift is a little something I've been wanting for a while; a fixed-aperture lens for my canon. Not that I know much about photography, but this lens is good for when you want a crisp picture of one thing and want the rest to fade into the background; kinda like this:



In other family news, Maddie's 7th tooth bit the dust this weekend:



And if you know Sean, take a look at this picture and you will see that something miraculous happened this weekend:


If our house was on fire and the only way out required him to run past "the witch", I'm pretty sure he'd rather burn.
Way to conquer your fears buddy!

12 comments:

Elaine said...

Happy birthday, my dear LAW! Your cake looks delicious & I'm jealous of your new camera toy. :) Hope you had a great "29th" birthday!

Robin said...

What a nice looking cake! What your parents must be feeling now...where did they err...for a child not allowed to celebrate Halloween...you have witches in your house! ;)glad to hear you had a happy birthday...how was the pedicure?

Michelle said...

Happy belated b-day! Looks and sounds like you had a great day. :-) Eternally young is the only way to go! The cake especially cracks me up!

I can't wait to see some of the work from your new lens!!!

Rebekah said...

Pat always gets you the best looking cakes!

Mrs. Sofa said...

Happy 29th!!!!...again ;) Cutest apron!
How sweet your hubby is(even if he's in denial).

Anonymous said...

The first time I heard my dad lie about my age, I was bummed--even more so when I found out he didn't know he was lying! Again, the curse of denial! Happy Birthday beautiful one:) That camera is so cool--I wish you could take all of my photos!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday! Just wait, one day you'll have to do an age adjustment and be 49 again. But you got a while on that one.

What lens did you get? I love my 85mm fixed -- great bokeh and great for kid shots. I'm craving the 50mm 1.2 which I hear is really fast but it's so expensive I haven't made the jump. Have fun and shot lots!

Laura said...

the 1.2?? that's nearly $2000!! and here I was wishing for the 1.4 which I still couldn't justify, as it was 4x more expensive than what I got... the 50mm f/1.8

I'm really liking it, my only complaint is that it isn't as wide as I would like, but it's perfect to start out with.

I hear there's going to be a girls weekend out at Serenbe - take some pictures and have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Welllll, my dear, see how much extra moolah you will have one day when your children are off making their own way in the world! I'm having trouble justifying the expense myself since I already have the 50mm 1.4 and the 85 1.8. My friend Sue is shooting most of her stuff these days with the 50mm 1.2 (check out her website at www.susanmphotography.net). Also, check out the Canon forum -- great reference. You're welcome to come down for girls weekend, you know!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what you guys are talking about with cameras. esp since I don't even have one that works. but I sure appreciate all the pictures you both take.

Anonymous said...

I meant to leave the last post as mom.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Laura! I am so wanting a bite of that cake right now. Looks yummy! I love that apron! That's what I believe too.