...with all three kids in tow!

I'm actually glad they had the day off school today. The older two have learned so much at school about the presidential election process, so I think it was cool for them to come along and be a part of it.
This morning, I was explaining red states vs blue states ....and Maddie's suggestion was that we all wear RED to go vote.
This morning, I was explaining red states vs blue states ....and Maddie's suggestion was that we all wear RED to go vote.
I am not going to shock anyone here - we're Republicans, people. Reagan-loving Republicans.
I'm up front with the kids about who I like and why - and because we have friends and family on the other side of the fence, I also talk about why people like the other guy (and that he'll probably be the next president - and we will respect and pray for him regardless)
The kids are even asking to stay up and watch the returns. So, needless to say, this was a big day for us and one they'll always remember (well, hell, it's one we'll ALL remember!)
The kids are even asking to stay up and watch the returns. So, needless to say, this was a big day for us and one they'll always remember (well, hell, it's one we'll ALL remember!)
6 comments:
We had school yet again when you didn't! The kids learned a lot this year too, Morgan can tell you how many electoral votes each state has...if Elise asks one more time who one...it's like are we there yet in the car! Hopefully how to lose gracefully will not be another lesson. We can still pray!!!!
I love the picture of you all.
I remember going with my mom to vote for Eisenhower's re-election. and I took bethany in my front pack to vote for Reagan.
glad you are teaching your children well.
and I think they will need the lesson about respect and prayer.
Cool! I took Avery with me this am to the polls. We were in line about 90 minutes -- she was very patient. This older man in front of us ask her if she was going to vote. She said, yes. He asked who she was voting for. She informed him that you are not supposed to tell but then asked if he was voting for John McCain too!! haha
It's good to see you're red. We are too. But sadly we didn't win. Boo hoo.
I didn't even think about taking my kids...maybe in another four years ;)
That picture is Christmas card cute - or should we just call it Holiday card cute from now on. Maybe you could photoshop Pat in! Great idea Maddie!!!!!
You are way more respectful to the other guy than we have been in our household.
Post a Comment