Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Time to start spreading the wealth!!! Woohoo!


Strangely enough my kids are more disappointed than I am.
Maddie started crying this morning when she read the headlines. Sean is clueless about why he's upset; other than he knows we didn't get the guy we were cheering for.
Maddie had an understanding of it beyond what she's even heard us talk about. When I asked her why she was so upset, her answer was "it isn't fair that now some people will have to work harder so that other people can work less" She didn't get this from anything we've talked about at home, but I also won't argue against that point (however, my highly educated bro-in-law might argue that and since she wants to understand the other side ... heads up Uncle Robby:-)!!)

My reminder to her, and what keeps me from being too upset about it is this: Before we are conservatives, we are believers in a Sovereign God. He chose Obama.
“...The Most High rules the kingdom of men and gives it to whom He will.” Daniel 4:32
Whether this is a punishment or a blessing remains to be seen, but I'm more interested in influencing their faith than their political leanings.

(And now I've got free health care to look forward to, so it's all good.)

11 comments:

Robin said...

Very well put.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you all in red - adorable!

Good way to keep everything in perspective.

Michelle said...

There you go again, showing how much better a person you are than I. Way to go, Laura. Way to go. ;-)

Laura said...

oh, Michelle, don't get me wrong.... I curse like a sailor when I think about what we're up against with this mother-f@(&(&g rock star that we've elected.
Which is why now isn't the time to lose our faith- we need it more than ever.

Mrs. Sofa said...

you're awesome...
had to share this on my blog :)
I'm surrounded by negativity, so this was extremely refreshing!

susan wilson said...

love the way you put it all. keep blogging away, my daughter...even if you have to curse like a sailor...which my dad was...and my mom was a marine...may explain some.

Anonymous said...

Here's my new hip hop rap for my darlin' daughter who has gone over to the other side:

Ain't gettin' no mo money from yo momma
'Cause after today it's goin' to Obama

At least I laughed!

Laura said...

Brilliant Janice - I love it! It would funnier if it weren't so painfully true.
My condolences on Laura heading over to the dark side.

Robert Hatta said...

"my highly educated bro-in-law"? are you calling me elitist!?

Laura said...

yes I am.
But I when I call someone an elitist, I mean it as a compliment.
I aspire to be an elitist.

Heather said...

Right on Sista!! God is in control and although disappointed we may be with the results of the election, it was His will and we shall see what will happen. It is a comfort knowing that He is in control and not us, so we can rest in Him as we go forward. Great Post!