I am seriously lacking in this whole mother's instinct thing that all moms are supposed to possess. Those stories about mothers who can find the strength to lift a car off their toddler... Not me...I would be spinning around in circles. Today I lost Kate in the one of the worst possible places - a parking lot. A three foot tall girl in a sea of mini-vans. I wasn't even thinking that someone had taken her; we were in a church parking lot and it was all moms and kids. But there were at least three hundred people all getting ready to leave and we were coming up on 5 minutes missing. So what do I do? Start crying and spinning around in circles not sure which way to go. It reminds me of the time a couple years back when Sean came up from the basement, his face cut and covered in blood. I was spinning around in circles trying to decide whether to run to him or to the sink for a towel. I don't think I stopped spinning until Pat took over.
So those are my instincts... sheer panic and spinning. My poor kids.
Oh and -yes- I found Kate; clinging to another mom and yelling at me for losing her. That's how we spent the ride home... Kate crying over and over "You lost me, mommy" and Maddie saying "I cannot believe you could lose her... Don't you feel just awful?"
So those are my instincts... sheer panic and spinning. My poor kids.
Oh and -yes- I found Kate; clinging to another mom and yelling at me for losing her. That's how we spent the ride home... Kate crying over and over "You lost me, mommy" and Maddie saying "I cannot believe you could lose her... Don't you feel just awful?"
7 comments:
Come on - give yourself a break. Mom and dad lost me in a church parking lot and they didn't even notice. Hell, they even got in the car and left without me.
But now we can laugh about it because I was not at all scarred for life...I promise. Nor did I develop any sort of invisibility complex...really.
i like how you used your ENTIRE name beth!
seriously, Bethany!! I'm holding you responsible if any perverts track us down through your info.
btw, I know you were the "anonymous" commenter from before... just tell me which pic you don't like and I'll gladly remove it. at some point.
Hey, this could be the start of many adventures for Kate! Danielle was in hawaii in high school on a family vacation, and was so busy devouring her ice cream that she didn't realize she got into the wrong car. The people whose car she got into didn't realize it either until they got a ways down the road and the boy sitting next to her (who she assumed was Josh!) said "Uh dad, we kinda got someone elses kid with us!" Lord only knows when she would've looked up from her ice cream and realized it! They turned around and brought her back to the hotel. Michelle still hadn't even noticed she was gone!- R
umm... i always use my entire name in public. it's family pride, man! well, i don't always use Joy but i always use Wilson in my name because guys at work always giggle about my initials.
And how exactly does it allow perverts find you guys? if you think perverts are sitting around wondering what i'm up to, you should definitely take it down.
Keep posting your blogs. They all make me smile! I am lacking that same motherly instinct too...I completely freak out and spin in circles.
If it makes you feel any better, my Mom drove off and left one of us standing in the church parking lot. We learned, not only should you eat quickly if you wanted seconds, you better be the first to get in the car. I think it scarred Harold for live!
Post a Comment