Sunday, July 1, 2007

We Made it!

My kids are awesome.
I was certain this trip would be really tough but I am amazed at how well it went. We left at 3:45am in the hopes that they would sleep for a few hours and so I could drive a big chunk of the trip with no traffic. The older two slept, but Kate waited until we pulled onto my parents street 9 hours later to fall asleep. That said, she was a great traveler. We made it the whole way with only two stops... easy to do when you only give them those miniature water bottles for the whole trip.
The great motivator for the kids behavior was the promise of going to Chuck E. Cheese tomorrow. We have a lot of fun stuff planned for this week... I wish I had brought my camera cord so I could update with pictures; that'll have to wait till next week.
Now I'm going to crash and hope that all the caffeine I've been drinking in the past fourteen hours doesn't keep me up.

No comments: