Sunday, July 22, 2007

The kids finished their final week of Bible school. They should be quite the Holy Rollers by the end of this summer. It is so funny to watch the difference in the kids personalities at these things. Maddie finds her group and immediately starts collecting phone numbers for future play dates. She loves meeting new people. Sean couldn't be more uncomfortable in these situations. After kissing him goodbye he makes me sit in the back of the room so that he can look back at least three times to see if I'm there - then when I get up to leave I have to go back and give him another kiss goodbye. If I forget to do that we have to start the process over again. I happily oblige him because I know that public affection will soon be out of the question. Kate is a little put off about not being able to stay so we have this little routine of going to Starbucks for a chocolate milk after we drop them off. She insists I get a mocha so that she doesn't have to drink alone, so I oblige that as well.



We had an eventful weekend. Pat and I got to have a night out with other grown-ups on Friday.

The kids had a birthday party on Saturday and Sunday was spent trying to chip away at the long list of things to do around the house. We also acquired the one and only pet my kids will probably ever have.




Meet Bella the beta fish... God-willing she'll survive the week.







We have a month left before school starts. We don't have much planned for the coming weeks so I'm a little nervous about that. A lot nervous about that. We are counting down the days until Grammy's visit!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see Sean & Kate have picked up on Mom's cute little habit of eating only the icing off their cupcakes! :)