Sunday, February 24, 2008

Odds and Ends...

I'll try to wrap up the week since I've slacked off for a little while. We sent Grammy off on Wednesday which is always sad. She knows my disdain for laundry, so she did about a dozen loads for me while she was here. What a gem she is!

Sean and I have taken to afternoon games of basketball... he likes the hoop down low so he can slam dunk it. I'm terrible at it, but I have been teaching him the art of talking smack to the opponents. He's getting that down but he's still sweet enough to encourage me... "keep trying mom, I'm sure you'll get it soon."

Maddie's doing great... Her big news lately is that she was put into an advanced reading group at school. Her tests showed that she's reading a full year ahead of her age, so this has encouraged her even more. She has her nose in her Junie B. Jones books until the wee hours.

Kate... well, she's as ornery as ever. And I must tell her that enough because when I say "Why would you do that?"... she says, 'cuz I'm on-ree, that's why!!'

We just learned that a local movie theater has a children's playroom... what an awesome find! For cheaper than a sitter, we can decide last minute to go see a movie. So that's what we did last night. We were signing the kids in and the sitter bent down to ask Kate for her name.
"My name is Elizabeth. And this here is my brother... you can call him Big Fred."

You see what I mean about the orneriness??


3 comments:

Rebekah said...

I love stories about Kate they always make me laugh. Yea for Maddie....little Miss Smarty Pants.

Mrs. Sofa said...

thanks for the wrap up, you were about to get hounded :)

love it when someone else does the laundry!

Anonymous said...

I love that action shot of Sean--you'll have to tell me more about your new camera:)