Now I can say we've been down to Miami ... and I don't really need to go back again.
We had a great visit there with friends from back home, but that city had my nerves fried from the second we drove in. Driving there makes downtown Atlanta seem like driving a country back road. The poor kids thought I was totally losing it, trying to navigate the roads ..."don't anyone speak to me!! not ONE SOUND can be made until we're there!!! ... and I hear Maddie whispering, 'I wish dad was here to drive, she's really freaking out.'
Then we got up to our friends condo - a high rise with a balcony where the kids wouldn't stop trying to see if they could climb up to get a good look over the edge. AAAAAHHHHH!!!! I feel that last nerve jump out over that balcony.
We had a great visit there with friends from back home, but that city had my nerves fried from the second we drove in. Driving there makes downtown Atlanta seem like driving a country back road. The poor kids thought I was totally losing it, trying to navigate the roads ..."don't anyone speak to me!! not ONE SOUND can be made until we're there!!! ... and I hear Maddie whispering, 'I wish dad was here to drive, she's really freaking out.'
Then we got up to our friends condo - a high rise with a balcony where the kids wouldn't stop trying to see if they could climb up to get a good look over the edge. AAAAAHHHHH!!!! I feel that last nerve jump out over that balcony.
The beach was awesome, the kids spent hours playing in the waves and burying each other in the sand.
The trip was totally worthwhile ... fun, easy conversation with friends and a reminder of what awaits us back home.
Oh, I almost forgot the best part! Whenever we're at someone's house, at least one of the kids finds a way to mortify us... clogging a toilet, breaking a vase, etc...
On the way out the door, I had all the kids use the bathroom. Kate ran into the master bathroom which, unbeknownst to me, had a bidet. I have no idea how Kate decided to use the bidet - but she came out of the bathroom holding her wet pants and telling us the floor was soaked. Sure enough, the bidet was stuck shooting water everywhere, flooding their bathroom floor. It only took every single towel they owned to clean that mess up.
It always amazes me when anyone invites us over more than once.
Oh, I almost forgot the best part! Whenever we're at someone's house, at least one of the kids finds a way to mortify us... clogging a toilet, breaking a vase, etc...
On the way out the door, I had all the kids use the bathroom. Kate ran into the master bathroom which, unbeknownst to me, had a bidet. I have no idea how Kate decided to use the bidet - but she came out of the bathroom holding her wet pants and telling us the floor was soaked. Sure enough, the bidet was stuck shooting water everywhere, flooding their bathroom floor. It only took every single towel they owned to clean that mess up.
It always amazes me when anyone invites us over more than once.
9 comments:
I am freaking out over the view from the picture!!! AAHHH! I do not like heights! Looks like a beautiful day for the beach.
your children are soooo entertaining! AMAZING. SPECIAL. GIFTED!
You are the best mom which makes sense because you have the coolest kids! Thanks for sharing your beaiutiful weekend.
Describing your drive into Miami made me have flash backs of mom driving us around when we were little:)
yes, I remember the driving well! but I don't think I have quite the kid stories you have. but then who ever heard of blogging. keep it up.
That bidet story cracks me up! I'm sure it didn't crack you up at the time but for someone else reading this it is very entertaining. I can just picture Olivia doing something like that.
we should put our children stories together and market it as a birth control method
i meant - put our stories together in a book. That's my fingers not typing fast enough for my mind
Don't worry Amber--look how I spelled "beautiful" in my comment. We're busy ladies, we can't help it:) But, yes, there's definitely a market for such a book: "Reexamining abstinence, a book of short stories". In fact, you better make that preorder option available.
Post a Comment