Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Now they've gone too far!!

So, the huz and I often wonder if Maddie is learning anything academic at school.
The things she will most often discuss involve her anti-smoking and pro-environment stance. Nothing wrong with having a non-smoking tree hugger, right?

Tonight's conversation went a tad bit different:
Mom, is that alcohol your drinking?

It's wine... so... yes.

Did you know that you may as well be drinking poison? That's how bad it is for you.

What the @#$% kind of %^&* are they teaching you there, you little blasphemous %&*$*??!
(ok, not what I said, but what I thought)

Here's a big toast to Ohio schools... May they teach something other than how we're all slowly killing ourselves.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That is hilarious! Take away the cigarettes (I don't smoke), and plant a few trees (preferably in my yard), but take away my enjoyment of a nice glass of vino or, as I prefer, a nice pale ale and you have gone too far!!! Pull her out of that school as fast as you can! Better yet, send her to Hillsdale for a weekend :-)

Mrs. Sofa said...

still laughing over this post!!!!
That IS hilarious!

Is she at a private/religious school? Sounds like something they would teach :)

Next time I have a glass, I'll think about dear Maddie.

Anonymous said...

That's nutty! There are many studies that actually show one cocktail per day, especially wine for women, is beneficial to good health. Do you think she's too young for the guilt of, "Mommy drinks because one of her children is harassing her?"