Tuesday, October 21, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAR!!

My big man is 6 today.
We celebrated with cake and some presents on Sunday but today he wants me to "gwill some wibs" for dinner and have some of the leftover cake.
Sean's big gift was a Wii. He's the only one we could give it to as a gift and expect it to eventually just be everyone's -not just his.


On Sunday, Meg and Rob brought some pumpkins over to carve with the kids.


Our friends were next door and popped over just long enough to get covered in pumpkin guts.


A few of the pics are Rob's - I'm particularly glad he got this picture. I was "recording" the singing and blowing out of candles, etc... And by recording, I mean I pointed the camera at him for several minutes without actually remembering to press record.






A Cleveland Browns jacket from Rob and Meg - they're doing their part to try and keep this Florida boy warm. He'll wear it but he still refuses to wear long pants. When he gets home from school today all his shorts will be gone, so tomorrow could be a really rough day.

I did record him opening his Wii and games but here is one pic of the kids down in the basement "boxing." I can attest to the good workout that these games can provide... after playing all morning with Sean yesterday and then kicking the huz's butt in tennis last night, I'm sad to say I'm a little sore today.

6 comments:

Mrs. Sofa said...

I want a WII, but I'm afraid my kids may be neglected if I get one ;)
Happy B-day Sean!!!

Robin said...

happy birthday Sean. Thanks for letting us crash your pumpkin carving! Michael had arm cramps at night for a week, because of all the Wii workouts! have you done the fitness challenge yet on Wii sports. It tells you how old you are athletically! Really uplifting! If you ever need game recommendations let us know!

Anonymous said...

So cute, looks like a very fun time!! I wanna play!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How cute (handsome) he is!!! I love looking at the pics -- what a great afternoon and how wonderful to have a special aunt and uncle so close by. Lucky for everyone. I have a Wii at Serenbe for the kids -- it's hysterical to watch them compete. I really stink!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures - Especially, the ones of the kids carving pumpkins. Looks like Sean had a great birthday.

Anonymous said...

so glad you post the birthday pictures. happy birthday sean, bear. looks like you all had fun. wish I could have been there. love, mom