Today Kate had an appointment with her craniofacial team... ten or so specialists she sees once or twice a year. It's an exhausting three hour appointment. This was our first time with the new set of doc's here. I always leave these meetings feeling incredibly blessed that her only issue is a fixable physical one. So many kids are there with syndromes and other anomalies that may not allow for a "normal" life.
On the way out of the hospital we pass the resource center for children... a handful of obviously cancer-stricken kids perusing the videos - seeing that immediately eliminated any of those thoughts of 'why does she have to deal with this'.
On the way out of the hospital we pass the resource center for children... a handful of obviously cancer-stricken kids perusing the videos - seeing that immediately eliminated any of those thoughts of 'why does she have to deal with this'.
I have a beautiful, healthy, hysterically funny little girl who left every doctor in stitches. For some reason, they all had a comment about her croc's and her cute haircut. By the third doctor, she would cut them off, and say "Yes, my crocs are cute and so is my hair - I GET IT, OK!!"
Toward the end of the afternoon, when I was getting restless and annoyed from all the shuffling around from room to room, she says to me "I love that we get all this time together, just you and me"
Oooohhhh, my heart.
Oooohhhh, my heart.
9 comments:
what a heart warming story. we are blessed with kate.
She is a feisty fighter spirit, with a beautiful princess exterior. Has been since that first moment I held her in the hospital! I just adore her to pieces.
Awwwww...thanks for the warm fuzzies your post gave me. What a sweetie you have!
gosh, that makes me teary-eyed! i love her! and i can't imagine the world without kate in it!!
Ooohhh my heart too!
She is something special :)
Melts my heart. You are very blessed and lucky indeed :-)
Awwww...sweet. Although I'm sure she doesn't think of her comments that way. What a wonderful, uncrushable spirit she has.
She is so stinkin' cute and sweet. How awesome that you do get that time together and that you were restless but she was cherishing your time together. Kids really can make us aware that even through the hard times we've got each other. Gotta love em'.
That is the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time:)
Post a Comment