Monday, February 2, 2009

Ski Trip


We're all back and settled after a weekend away skiing. Atlanta was great as usual... no pictures to be had from that trip. Despite feeling lost at all times while driving there, that is my home away from home ... I just love being there.

Lots of pics from the ski weekend in NY. The kids were not ready to come back yesterday and we promised them we'd make another day-trip back there soon. They loved the slopes at Peek 'n Peak and spent all day Saturday and a good while Sunday out there.
I didn't mention anything about Sean's skiing skills the last time I chatted on the subject - that was intentional. There was no nice way to say that he couldn't even make it up the hill much less back down. Frankly, it was painful to watch.

I'm only saying this now because something finally clicked this weekend and it all came together for him. By the time we left Sunday he was skiing one of the blue slopes with Pat and Maddie. I was SO proud of him!!
This time around I'm not going to mention Kate and her skiing... because I don't want to talk about her sass-mouth and how she threatened to put the instructor in jail or purposefully ran him down while skiing. When we turn the corner with her, I'll be sure to talk about how proud I am.



Some pics from around the house we stayed at:




Making dinner with Aunt Meg (Kate didn't want to spill on her shirt)
Good ol' Uncle Rob brought another whoopie cushion for Sean

Playing out in the front yard

Me and Maddie on the chair lift

Pat and Sean behind us

Uncle Rob and Maddie (some of the rest of these pics are Rob's)


Meg and Maddie
Meg and her barely showing baby belly

Maddie - who was upset that some people mistook her for a boy because of her black ski gear. "Don't they see my pink gloves?" she would say.

Warming up in the lodge - poor Sean's cheeks!!


In our matching socks, thanks to Meagan ... I don't have any pictures of Meagan and Mike. While skiing, I stopped and took a couple pics of them coming down the hill - only to realize it wasn't them! whoops!


Lots of fun memories made this weekend:)

8 comments:

Heather said...

Oh what fun! I haven't skied in forever and you're making me miss it. I'm glad you had a fun get away.

Anonymous said...

Put the instructor in jail, eh? Showing signs of becoming a top shelf litigator!

Jason said...

Looks like fun, but couldn't you have just skiied in Cleveland with all the snow there. These are tough times, dragon, we all need to pitch in for "CHANGE!", or something.

PDthee

Anonymous said...

hello?! we were pitching in!
think of all the stimulating we did for NY's economy... and in case you forgot... Ohio is a wee bit flat.

Anonymous said...

these pictures make me want to go skiing with you someday.

Rebekah said...

Looks like you all had so much fun!

PS I love your Kate stories:-)

Anonymous said...

looks like a wonderful time and as always love seeing the pictures!
the matching socks are awesome ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, and it does look like you all had a great time. Kate doesn't disappoint with cracking us all up does she?