Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I survived very nicely driving around Israel.
It was not fun driving in Tel Aviv… you have to be rude and aggressive.
Also, I think I blew a few stop signs before I realized what their stop signs look like (which might account for some of the honking I heard)
The tour guide yelled at me early on and told me “stop waving your sorries to people, you must drive like an Israeli if we’re going to make it today!” ha! It did get much easier the further up North we went.

In the town of Caesarea – where we spent a good bit of the morning. I'm standing on part of the original structure of King Herod's Palace.


Today is our last day in Israel. I walked around Tel Aviv all day today which, despite the heat, was a lot of fun. It’s a very neat city.
Heading out for one last meal before our flight to Athens tomorrow morning…. I will definitely miss the food here!

10 comments:

Beth said...

Gorgeous picture! Have fun in Greece... :o)

Dad said...

Great Photo, Honey. What happened to the young lady who loved beeping her horn at every driver that annoyed her?

bekah said...

Great picture!

Elaine said...

So glad you are updating while on your trip! Can't wait to see your Athens pics. Will you be forced to test out your Greek driving skills next??

rachel said...

so pretty!! i have that skirt too!

mom said...

yes, I have that skirt too...in black...ann taylor?
thanks for keeping us updated!!

Aunt Nancy said...

Love the skirt, and oh the background is gorgeous! So are you :)

Dad said...

Hmmm. I feel left out. I don't have that skirt.

Laura said...

thanks to all ... and glad the skirt is a hit! haha.
We've been staying at a B & B on an island in Greece where phone and internet service are hard to come by - heading out to Athens for the day and night and will be heading for home tomorrow. I miss my kids so much I can't stand it.

mom said...

can't wait to hear about Greece . 'Grease is the word'
I felt the same about 'the kids' when I was in Switzerland.