So, rather than posting all my vacation pictures I think I'm just going to send a Picasa link to anyone interested. I know looking at other people's vacation pictures is SO interesting. If you're family I'm sending it to you, like it or not:-)
All my pics are from my phone. We realized on our connecting flight to Israel that we didn't have the camera bag with us. My immediate thought was that it was left in the Cleveland airport and I thought I was going to be sick. Thankfully we called home and found out it was left in the car. So I was thankful for that and determined to buy a new one in Israel and then just sell it on ebay. Except that the camera prices were ridiculous and not even close to justifiable. It only took me a few minutes to get over it and get on with the trip.
Since I have had a few people ask if I was scared to be in Israel and one loving aunt who asked if I felt lucky to get out alive (ha!) I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and never once felt unsafe. Tel Aviv is not unlike any other big city. I walked around the city for six hours by myself one day and never once felt the least bit unsafe. (Although this might be because I look like an Israeli)
The history and site-seeing of Jerusalem and Caesarea were far more interesting and enjoyable to me than Greece.
The beauty of the Greek islands is something to behold and seeing that and spending time with my husband were the highlights of Greece. As a lover of most all Mediterranean foods I found myself sadly disappointed in the food there. I have to think that's just bad luck but we seriously only had one good meal in three days (and one warm chocolate croissant that I still have fantasies about)
Going up to the Acropolis was really neat and we seemed to escape their notorious summer heat. We spent the other two days on the island of Sifnos. It's small enough that we drove around the entire island in our little jeep in one day. We spent the afternoon at the beach where no one is afraid to wear bikini's and speedo's. Yikes.
The vistas were breathtaking, though, and I'm glad we made that part of our trip.
And guess what? We were mistaken for honeymooners on our flight home from Athens:-)
(Me, taking a picture of us on our last night, when I realized we didn't have one of us together in Greece)
We are enjoying our last full week before school starts next Wednesday. I am in my usual 'why did this fly by so fast' mode. Sean is very excited for first grade (I'm trying to cope with the fact that from here on out he is a full-day student) Maddie is more nervous than I would expect but I'm sure she'll be fine after the first day.
Will check back in next week with some first-day pictures!
All my pics are from my phone. We realized on our connecting flight to Israel that we didn't have the camera bag with us. My immediate thought was that it was left in the Cleveland airport and I thought I was going to be sick. Thankfully we called home and found out it was left in the car. So I was thankful for that and determined to buy a new one in Israel and then just sell it on ebay. Except that the camera prices were ridiculous and not even close to justifiable. It only took me a few minutes to get over it and get on with the trip.
Since I have had a few people ask if I was scared to be in Israel and one loving aunt who asked if I felt lucky to get out alive (ha!) I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and never once felt unsafe. Tel Aviv is not unlike any other big city. I walked around the city for six hours by myself one day and never once felt the least bit unsafe. (Although this might be because I look like an Israeli)
The history and site-seeing of Jerusalem and Caesarea were far more interesting and enjoyable to me than Greece.
The beauty of the Greek islands is something to behold and seeing that and spending time with my husband were the highlights of Greece. As a lover of most all Mediterranean foods I found myself sadly disappointed in the food there. I have to think that's just bad luck but we seriously only had one good meal in three days (and one warm chocolate croissant that I still have fantasies about)
Going up to the Acropolis was really neat and we seemed to escape their notorious summer heat. We spent the other two days on the island of Sifnos. It's small enough that we drove around the entire island in our little jeep in one day. We spent the afternoon at the beach where no one is afraid to wear bikini's and speedo's. Yikes.
The vistas were breathtaking, though, and I'm glad we made that part of our trip.
And guess what? We were mistaken for honeymooners on our flight home from Athens:-)
We are enjoying our last full week before school starts next Wednesday. I am in my usual 'why did this fly by so fast' mode. Sean is very excited for first grade (I'm trying to cope with the fact that from here on out he is a full-day student) Maddie is more nervous than I would expect but I'm sure she'll be fine after the first day.
Will check back in next week with some first-day pictures!
7 comments:
I had the same let-down with food in Greece. Weird, eh? Maybe all the good chefs moved here? Am looking forward to seeing ALL your photos!
sounds like a wonderful time, makes me want to go...but then I have thoughts of that darn plane ride - ugh ;)
super cute pic of you and the hub!!
Would love to see the pics! :o)
ditto on seeing the pics!
Just getting around to my blog reading and I would love to see your pictures! I am happy that you had a great time and that you made it home safely:) It sounds like you had a fantastic trip - camera glitch aside. You sweet honeymooners ;)
Sounds like you had an awesome time, bummer about your camera, but at least it was at home, and at least you had your phone for some pictures.
Post a Comment