Thursday, August 21, 2008

"cuddle me up"

That's what Kate's been saying to me all day starting around 5:30 am.

(please pardon the wardrobe malfunction)

As we both started to fall back asleep around 7, Sean came in to tap me on the shoulder. I looked up and could tell he was about to cry. "I forgot what my bus number is." Poor guy... I keep quizzing him to make sure he remembers and I think I've made him crazy over it.

I gave Kate some tylenol right before the sitter came over this afternoon (so I could take Maddie to orientation) Apparently when it kicked in, she started running laps around the family room saying "this medicine makes me SO HAPPY!!"
But now it's worn off and she's back up in my bed. No fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee -- Ga kids started back last week. Lucky you. I guess we need to plan for a lot of snow days, huh?? Poor Sean. Avery (kindergarten) rides the bus but it's almost put her Mom over the edge. She loves it. I asked how her first day was: "Wonnnnnderful. Nobody had to go to the principal's office."

Robin said...

Our schools use animal signs on the buses for the younger students, much easier to remember. Sorry Kate isn't feeling well. Makes me worried, girls went to bed not feeling well....looks like no pool tomorrow! maybe Monday????

Laura said...

yeah, I was gonna say let's play it by ear for the pool, but now she and I have sore throats so that nips it in the bud.
Sean will have his bus # adhered to his backpack for the first couple weeks, but I worry what'll happen if that comes off. One time last year all the kids got off Madde's bus and she was no where to be found - she missed it and was brought home by another bus but for five minutes I had no idea what happened to her and I swear that turned me into a lunatic!

Anonymous said...

Tylenol makes you happy, eh? Wow, who knew. Off to drug store ...