Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day

Maddie was beyond excited for her first day of 2nd grade.
Me... I miss her already.
She's the closest thing to an adult around me all day. But it's easier to send them off when they're so happy to be leaving. I went upstairs this morning to check on her. She was brushing her hair and looking in the mirror.... and practicing how she would introduce herself! It was hilarious and heart-melting at the same time.

At the bus stop


First one on the bus!

7 comments:

Robin said...

Aww! Hope your day flies by like my first one did. Hope you afternoon is filled with enough hugs to make up for the day without them. She looks great and will have no problem making tons of friends! She's already queen of the neighborhood I have been told.

Anonymous said...

oh, so cute and heart melting. she must have practiced her style too.

Anonymous said...

So cute--thanks for posting so soon! I was anxious to hear/see about the first day! I'm sure it'll be a great one!

Anonymous said...

She is growing up so fast! Let us know how her first day went.

Elaine said...

How exciting! And what an adorable first day of school outfit!

Anonymous said...

she looks so adorable!!

Mrs. Sofa said...

awe. that's about all I've got. she's just so cute!