Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Georgia Bound


I am going on a little blogging hiatus for the next week or so.
My in-laws are very graciously coming down to help out with the kids so that I can go spend some time with my family in Georgia.
Please pray for their sanity... and for my safety as I get to experience a ride on MARTA for the first time.
I was feeling just fine about it until my mom says... Just listen to your ipod and don't make eye-contact with anyone!

I'll see ya next week!
(assuming I don't inadvertently make eye-contact with the wrong person)

7 comments:

Robin said...

MARTA....should I email them and let them know what you have called those initials for the last 12 years...I bet you'd really meet some nice new friends if they knew what you really thought of them! :) tee hee.-Robin

Anonymous said...

i hate to say it, but mom is right. i usually keep a book with me. just hope its not like the time when i got stuck on Marta, it was packed full of people--i mean really full...like your face in peoples armpits full & it smelled like you would not believe. and just when i thought it could not get any worse...it broke down & we were stuck there for 30 minutes!! i have many other horror stories that i'll share with you later...

Or maybe i'll skip work & take you to the airport.

Can't wait to see you!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Robin: your memory scares me sometimes.
Rachel: After that story, you are either riding the train with me or going in to work late.

Michelle D said...

Riding the train is an adventure! I love for slightly strange things to happen (when I'm not with my kids) because it makes for such great stories:) Plus, you get to travel without kids. Sounds fun to me but would be better with a buddy. I would get a new book or a bunch of fun magazines. And you have lovely women waiting for you at the end of the ride. Hope it goes well!

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip! You will be very sadly missed!

Anonymous said...

I will miss your entertaining blogs :( Have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

mom is exaggerating - i have met some very interesting people on MARTA. just make sure you have some extra hand sanitizer and don't be too surprised if it breaks down for a lil bit. oh and make sure to pee BEFORE you get to the train station.