In the words of my daughter... What a Rip!!
Let's just call it what it really is... a three day weekend to help teachers maintain their sanity.
We enjoyed a lazy morning, staying in our jammies until 11 am and playing with Sean's new toys. Then we went up to the bakery to get some cupcakes for Sean to share with his class tomorrow. Something pretty cool happened while we were there.
While glancing around at all the cakes, in the back of my mind I'm praying about something...something I've been praying for since July. Out of nowhere I see a box of cards sitting randomly on a box of cupcakes. On the front of the cards is this scripture verse:
"Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours"
I picked up the box and stared at it for way too long... even if you believe in coincidence, that's a pretty unusual thing to put on the front of a card (much less a whole box of cards) and the fact that it was sitting where it didn't belong.... well, needless to say it was one of those rare times that I felt like God was letting me know He hears me... and since I am not one of those people that hears a big booming voice from up above, this is as good as it gets for me.
Let's just call it what it really is... a three day weekend to help teachers maintain their sanity.
We enjoyed a lazy morning, staying in our jammies until 11 am and playing with Sean's new toys. Then we went up to the bakery to get some cupcakes for Sean to share with his class tomorrow. Something pretty cool happened while we were there.
While glancing around at all the cakes, in the back of my mind I'm praying about something...something I've been praying for since July. Out of nowhere I see a box of cards sitting randomly on a box of cupcakes. On the front of the cards is this scripture verse:
"Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours"
I picked up the box and stared at it for way too long... even if you believe in coincidence, that's a pretty unusual thing to put on the front of a card (much less a whole box of cards) and the fact that it was sitting where it didn't belong.... well, needless to say it was one of those rare times that I felt like God was letting me know He hears me... and since I am not one of those people that hears a big booming voice from up above, this is as good as it gets for me.
This almost helped me maintain my cool as I turned around to find Sean ...for reasons unknown ...yanking his shorts down and declaring "whoops, I guess today is not an underwear day"
**Update: No, mom - my prayer has nothing to do with hoping to wake up one day magically enhanced, but thanks for asking**
**Update: No, mom - my prayer has nothing to do with hoping to wake up one day magically enhanced, but thanks for asking**
2 comments:
Glad to hear you are getting answers to your prayers. Sean with the reminder of God's humor! -Robin
I like your new format. Mike thinks that I have completely fallen off my rocker with my obsessive posting. It is just nice to have a place to put all of the thoughts that I would like to remember. I suppose I will slow down soon enough :-)
Post a Comment