Thursday, October 18, 2007

News Fast

A while ago, I read an article about the importance of taking periodic news fasts. The theory being that the news really effects our moods and too much of it promotes a negative view on life.

I don’t get the paper and I rarely have the opportunity to sit and watch the news, but I have a list of news sites I check throughout the day to keep up on things. A week or two ago, I decided it was high time to partake in a fast. If I went online and read one more headline about a three year old being assaulted, I was going to seriously freak out. So, today of all days, I go online to check out what I’ve been missing ..and what do I read?… A middle school in Maine has approved a measure to start providing birth control for their students (average ages being 11-13)
Holy. Crap.
That officially pushed me over the edge. I have deleted all my regular news sites from the computer for the time being. Seriously... all I really need to know is whether Britney gets to have her kids this week or not. (kidding!! Not really.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the laugh!! poor britney :)

Michelle said...

Amen, sister. Never read the REAL news when there are entertainment sites a plenty out there! There is never anything good on anyway that is for sure. I am a firm believer in the saying "Ignorance is Bliss" and practice it religiously in my knowledge of what goes on in the "real" world. OK, did I just reveal too much?

PS - Britney should NOT get her kids back.

Anonymous said...

seriously--we get all the news that really matters from perez & tmz.

Heather said...

Oh Laura, you always give me a giggle. Love the Britney comment. I agree with the news fast. Ugg, so many depressing things going on in the news. I am generally happier if I don't watch it either. I can't believe what you read about that middle school. I am appalled and angry about that. You have got to be kidding me. What is happening to this country? Yikes.