That’s a pretty good summary for my time away.
To start off the weekend, my sister Rachel and I decided to go get our hair “chopped.” I realized after we were done that she and I have very different definitions of that word. Here are the before and after pictures and you can see what I mean:
The latter is what happened the first time and this is what it looked like… a big pile of ---- according to everyone.
But, hey, it still tasted mighty good and we managed to eat the entire plate that night. I tried it again the next day and I poured too soon. Still delicious.

But, hey, it still tasted mighty good and we managed to eat the entire plate that night. I tried it again the next day and I poured too soon. Still delicious.
My brother did not make it out of bed in time for the portraits (because they were at 1pm, and…seriously...who could be expected to get out of bed at that ungodly hour?)
So Mom insisted on a few pictures of the five of us the next day.

And here is a little snapshot of Mr. Excitement himself:
Well, I survived Marta!! Thank heavens for the ipod tip. I was in between someone talking gibberish and a lady eating a caramel apple. That struck me as so odd… a caramel apple at 8:30 in the morning. Of all the portable snacks to take on a trip, that would have to be on the bottom of my list. Anyway, I was sitting there listening to music feeling especially sad to leave, when out of nowhere I started crying. I quickly realized…now I’m the crazy lady on the train! That made me laugh…and probably appear even more nuts. So, let that be a lesson about being judgmental of crazy people on a train!
~~~
Other highlights from my trip - creating a new blog for Rebekah... all five girls sitting in a row
getting our pedicures... a fight over cookie dough:~)... seeing my mom flip another driver off for the first time in my life (and then spending the rest of the day apologizing profusely for her bad manners)...Rachel, ummm, how shall I say, moving on with her life... Bethany spending an entire day in a kimono -and installing my PhotoShop - woohoo!!...Me, feeling ever-so-grateful to have these women in my life. When I'm with them, there is nowhere else on earth I'd rather be.To the only non-family member, who I'll bet has made it down this far... Dolores -I wish you a very happy birthday today. I don't know how you can even stand being this old! I love you my dear friend.
5 comments:
love all the pictures! so glad you had a great trip :)
Love you too. I may be older outside of the uterus...but we all know who is older in the Lord's eyes Grannie! Like the haircut!!!! xoxo Dolores
Love seeing all the happy group photos:) Looks like you guys had a wonderful time - reminds me of how happy I am with my siblings. And the hair cut really suits you - it looks great! Makes me want to go out and chop off mine but then I remember that I look like a tomato head with short hair:)
i am so glad you came up! i miss you so much already! :) and your comment about me moving on just makes me giggle. thats all i can seem to do lately. ;)
I LOVE your hair. It's perfect for you. How awesome that you got to spend that time with your family. You seem so close.
Post a Comment