No, she's not dead ... yet. I think this fish has way more than 9 lives. After she's been "mistreated" she usually spends a day or two floating on her side like this.
Well, today she was mistreated in the worse way yet. It started with Kate coming in my room while I'm getting ready."Mom, how old is Bella? I say she's three but Sean says she's five."
"Why don't you go ask Bella how old she is, I'm sure she'll tell you."
A couple minutes later she's back in my room.
"Mom, I'm asking her old she is, but just look at her, she won't answer me."
I look down and sure enough she'd scooped the poor fish out of the bowl to talk to her.
Two important lessons I learned here. One, I shouldn't expect Kate to understand sarcasm. Two, my kids are not to be trusted with the care of a pet for a long time to come.
"Mom, I'm asking her old she is, but just look at her, she won't answer me."
I look down and sure enough she'd scooped the poor fish out of the bowl to talk to her.
Two important lessons I learned here. One, I shouldn't expect Kate to understand sarcasm. Two, my kids are not to be trusted with the care of a pet for a long time to come.
3 comments:
You know what your kids need? A big black lab named Logan – he LOVES kids! I would hate to give up, but I am willing sacrifice.
ha! not a chance!
we have a black and a yellow lab...take your pick. they keep running away from our house and coming back when they get hungry. Jim is ready to do away with them :(
Post a Comment