Three times in the last two days, one of the kids has taken off to one of the neighbors without telling me. This sends me into an absolute tirade. I hate having to pound on one door after another looking for them - only to feel the moms looking at me like ... jeez lady, is it that hard to watch your kids??
After Maddie wandered next door today without asking, I went off on a huge tangent. Something to the effect of 'Don't you realize there are evil people in this world just waiting for their chance to take a little kid when they wander away??!' I immediately cringed at how harsh that sounded but had no chance to backtrack... her immediate response was:
"Mom, chill out -I am a HUGE pain in the butt - nobody would want to steal me"
After Maddie wandered next door today without asking, I went off on a huge tangent. Something to the effect of 'Don't you realize there are evil people in this world just waiting for their chance to take a little kid when they wander away??!' I immediately cringed at how harsh that sounded but had no chance to backtrack... her immediate response was:
"Mom, chill out -I am a HUGE pain in the butt - nobody would want to steal me"
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, she is too funny!
I know Dawson would be returned within minutes ;)
Post a Comment