Monday, December 10, 2007

Trying to find that Holiday Spirit


As much as I love a warm winter, it definitely makes it hard to get into the Christmas spirit.
If I were still in Ohio, sunny and warm would sound perfect. But now, I wouldn't mind a little chill in the air... an excuse to have a fire (if we had a fireplace)
But, we're making do. I tackled all my Christmas shopping in one day (with peppermint mocha in hand, air conditioning blasting.) I got most of the decorations out of storage and we're keeping the Christmas cd's in full swing.
(by the way, for anyone looking for a new Christmas CD to add to their collection... I highly recommend Josh Groban/Noel. His Ave Maria could make a grown man cry. It's that good.)

Anywhoozles, Maddie has been wanting to make a gingerbread house -just the two of us. So, I went up and got her out of school a couple hours early (the only way it could be just the two of us at home!) I gave her the option of decorating either a gingerbread house or cut-out cookies and this is what she chose. Very fun, very messy.... and I'm very glad the younger two weren't involved!




Sean got to miss school this morning so we could go to the ENT. His pediatrician thinks it's time for his tonsils to come out, so we went to get the official decision.
$30 and an hour in the waiting room later and I get to hear that it's really
MY decision on whether it's time for them to come out. Really? You went to medical school for how many years and make how much money a year and the official prognosis is a shoulder shrug and a "you decide"! Thank you... my decision is to run far away from you.
That and I felt bad that Sean was trying to entertain him with these cool throat noises (that he learned from his grandad) and the guy was completely ignoring him. No one ignores my kid but ME!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should I hold off doing the gingerbread house with Paige?

Anonymous said...

yes.

Anonymous said...

looks yummy!
can't wait to see y'all!
love the countdown :)

Anonymous said...

that's so sweet!
thanks for the cd recommendation...I love Celine's, but I think after seven years it's time to get a new one!