Sunday, December 30, 2007



The highlight of the weekend is that Maddie learned how to make a pot of coffee -how awesome is that? I sense that I will be adding this to her list of responsibilities very soon:)





Sean spent Saturday afternoon with a friend, so we took the girls out to lunch and then Maddie and I went to see Enchanted. Very sweet fairy tale movie for young girls. (And looking at Patrick Dempsey for two hours isn't exactly torture)




The kids all have various levels of coughs and colds. It seems we have the same winter sickies that we did living up North. Everyone here will tell you it's because of all the Yankees that bring it down here with them for the season. (I may have added the yankee part... I don't think anyone around here actually uses that term)


.
So, for the first time in many years (or maybe ever) the hubby and I have some New Years party plans! I'm not huge into ringing in the new year with too much gusto (since imbibing and staying up late doesn't partner well with early-rising little kids) But we learned last year that midnight firework shows are pretty big here ...so there's no going to bed early regardless. I'm sure Tuesday morning I will be feeling very happy that Maddie knows how to bring me some coffee:)

No comments: